Why New Zealand?
For a variety of reasons, studying in New Zealand is an excellent idea. This place is home to the amazing Māori people, daring explorers from all over the world, and even the occasional hobbit. The natural wonders of New Zealand range from beautiful beaches to awe-inspiring volcanoes, making any tourist want to hop on a plane right now!
We all know New Zealand is a stunning country, but there’s a lot more to it than that. For Indian students, it is rapidly becoming one of the most popular study abroad destinations. New Zealand has a lot to offer, including a world-class education system, internationally recognized qualifications, a diverse range of study options, and an unrivalled quality of life.
When you come to study here, you should expect a warm and welcoming environment as well as a strong support system for international students. New Zealand is the world’s second safest country, according to the 2018 Global Peace Index, prompting students from all over the world to seek out study opportunities in New Zealand for Indian students.
Studying in New Zealand will allow you to take the most in-demand courses. New Zealand has a plethora of science and innovation universities for international students. New Zealand's education system will provide you with an education unlike any other, with academic competence, qualified faculty, globally recognized credentials, a brilliant teaching style, and a plethora of study options. Learning takes on a multicultural slant here, preparing students for work around the world. Because of its high-quality education and desirable lifestyle, New Zealand is a popular choice among Indian students.
Type of institution
Undergraduate degree, postgraduate diploma/degree, PhD
Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics (ITPs)
Graduate diploma, postgraduate diploma, certificates
Private Training Establishments (PTEs)
To pursue an MS in New Zealand, students must meet the following requirements: an equivalent diploma or certificate in the relevant field or a relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized university. As a result, they have ample resources to provide a high-quality education system for international students in New Zealand. New Zealand's education system offers a diverse range of research opportunities, a superior quality of life, and internationally recognized credentials.
New Zealand's MBA and PhD programs are internationally recognized, and your degree will be Quality Assured by the government of New Zealand. International students can pursue an MBA in New Zealand through a full-time, part-time, or online program at any of the country's top universities.
How much does it Cost to Study in New Zealand?
Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering and Sciences
NZ$18,000 to NZ$25,000 per year
Medicine and Dentistry Degrees
International undergraduate students should budget between $22,000 and $32,000 NZ$ per year, with higher costs for subjects like medicine and veterinary science.
Masters in New Zealand for International students
Range between 26,000 to 37,000 NZ$
International students are exempt from applying for a New Zealand student visa if they are taking a short course of fewer than three months and can travel to New Zealand on a visitor visa. You will need to apply for a student visa if you intend to study full-time in New Zealand for an undergraduate, postgraduate, or PhD degree. Here are the requirements for Indian students seeking a study visa in New Zealand:
The following are the prerequisites for obtaining a New Zealand student visa:
- An acceptance letter from a New Zealand Qualifications Committee-approved educational institution.
- A letter of acceptance from a New Zealand education provider stating the total tuition fee, minimum course duration, and payment currency (domestic and foreign currency).
- International students under the age of 18 must provide proof/guarantee from a person or institution that they will be able to live in New Zealand while studying.
- You must show proof of sufficient funds to study and live in New Zealand (either 15,000 NZ$ for the entire year or 1,250 NZ$ per month).
- Applying for and receiving a Working Holiday Visa is the best way for Indians or any other international citizens to find work in New Zealand. Although a fee may be required, New Zealand makes finding jobs abroad simple.
International students must declare that they will purchase international student health insurance during the visa application process in order to protect themselves while studying in New Zealand.
International students studying in New Zealand can choose between a public or private health-care system (both heavily subsidized by the New Zealand government) (to seek medical treatment privately). In New Zealand, the health insurance coverage will be required for all international students.
Students are advised to purchase health insurance before arriving in New Zealand, as this will prevent them from becoming ill or injured within a day or two of arriving at their accommodation.
We all want to study in New Zealand, but you'll need to plan ahead if you want to do it right. Find out more about New Zealand's best study abroad options. Because New Zealand is made up of two distinct islands and a plethora of vibrant cities, you may be unsure of where to study.
Which is the Best Place to Study in New Zealand?
- Wellington – Despite its size in comparison to other New Zealand cities, Wellington offers a diverse range of places to visit in between classes. In addition, there are many inexpensive things to do in the city with your friends.
- Auckland's 60-story Sky Tower provides a unique and panoramic view of the entire city, perfect for taking amazing photos with your friends. You can also try bungee jumping from the Sky Tower's peak if you're looking for a thrill!
- Hamilton – A great place to catch all of New Zealand's national and international sporting events, such as rugby and cricket. If you're interested in art, social history, and culture, you could also pay a visit to the Waikato Museum and look at the Maori art displays and artefacts.
The New Zealand government is known for offering a wide range of courses at all levels of study, including Bachelor's, Diploma, Doctoral, English Language, Masters, Postgraduate, and Foundation Degrees.
List of Best Study Courses in New Zealand
- IT and Computer Science
- Business Studies
- Health care
- Sports management
- Art and design
- Engineering Forestry
- Business management
It is critical for an international student to be able to communicate in English in a country where it is the official language. In New Zealand, there is no exception. A student must take the test and obtain the minimum IELTS score for New Zealand required by the university of choice in New Zealand for the course. This qualification is required not only for university applications but also for student visas to New Zealand.